Saturday, July 11, 2009

Haunted Mills, Grandslams and Rattlesnakes


We woke up bright and early for a full day of fishing. We went to three different streams, all were new to both Kyle and I. The first place we went was a stream running below an old mill which was kind of spooky. The day started off kind of slow until Mike figured out the winning connection. By the time I could rig up, Mike had pulled four fish out of one pool. I got my setup together and Mike let me hit the next spot where I nabbed this little fatty, which ended up being my biggest of the day. We took turns fishing the holes upstream and ate some grub. Kyle, if you are going to tell us how healthy you eat, don't try to do it after slamming a butterfinger.



We drove a little ways and came to a stream that Kyle has been wanted to try for a while and that Mike has fished a lot. We were terrified of rattlesnakes because Mike kindly told us a story of him being chased by a rattlesnake there. This was a short stop en route to our next location, but we all landed some fish and had a good time.

As we pulled up to our last spot, Mike had the triple play already. He had landed a cuttie and some browns and bows. This stream is awesome; hardly fished, open, nice water, beautiful canyon. Shortly after arriving, Mike landed a nice little brookie, completing the grandslam. Well done my friend. I then made it my goal to catch a brookie because I never had before. It took me a while, but I finally did it. We fished as late as we could and hiked out of the canyon and walked down to our car. Kyle had his big toenail removed the day before, and I'm sure his toe was killing him the whole time. My feet hurt bad enough with both my toenails... he must have been dying. All in all it was a great day.



1 comment:

  1. This was a great day! It's fun to look back on past fishing adventures. When you up this way again? Mike

    ReplyDelete