Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Goodbye, So Long?


Because we are moving soon, I decided to go back to a stream that I fished a lot when I moved down here to St. George. I consider this as the stream that taught me the most concerning what little I know about fly-fishing so far. It can be a hellish place if you decide to go exploring through the brush, which I did a little today. I actually found a few really nice holes that I would fish again, but it was frustrating as always fighting the thorns to get to them. I ended up catching a ton of fish as usual at this skinny stream, but they were all pretty small. I will usually land a fish that is 'decent' for the stream, but not today. It was still good to get back there, it has been about 4 months since the last time I fished it. It may be a long time before I see it again...

Yes, that fish pictured was the biggest I landed. I know, I should have mounted it, I'm an idiot.

2 comments:

  1. I heard you're never going to even fish again because all the fish you catch are so small. Can it be?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be missed, but you'll be back. I can already see it.

    ReplyDelete