Monday, June 29, 2009

Pleasant Surprise

Today was the first time I have been fishing with the wifey. We went to a place that is better known for hiking, but I prefer the fishing. It was a great time and it was good to show Melissa a little bit of why I'm crazy for fly-fishing. I was excited for her, she caught some fish. The first fish she landed on the fly was a bonneville cuttie inside a slot canyon, a good sized one too for such skinny water. That's my girl!


Melissa the casting master!
I caught one or two.
I love big bugs.

4 comments:

  1. I think if I would have seen that bug in person, I would have been screaming for sure and scared all of the fish away! Melissa looks like she is having so much fun! You're sweet to take her and teach her how to fly fish and it was probably nice to hang out just the two of you! -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely cuter fishing partner than me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A woman, trout and bugs! Excellent. Looks beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lissa is SUCH a good wife!! You did good bud!

    ReplyDelete